Monday, May 30, 2016

Updated Article: "Renold-II Temperament ("The Scale of Fifths") by Maria Renold.



Updated Article: "Renold-II Temperament ("The Scale of Fifths") by Maria Renold.

In an earlier article on this blog I have written about and explained the "Renold-I" temperament, the first version of the "Scale of Fifths" that Maria Renold made in 1962. If you have not read that article yet, then I suggest you do so, just to be able to place everything in perspective.
After Maria Renold created - what later would be known as the "Renold-I" temperament - she continue experimenting and developing her concept. The result is what is known as the "Renold-II" (also known as "Middle Tuning" temperament.
In this article I will share more information about how the Renold-II temperament works. How this temperament works was explained by Bevis Stevens in "A Handbook on the Middle Tuning" (2nd edition). This work is shared (in PDF format) online at www.eurythmy.co.nz. You can download it there to have more information then I will provide in this article.

No comments:

Post a Comment